Tuesday 29 July, 2008

Ooty.............



[courtesy ==> www.ooty.com]

Ooty, Oottacamund... Udhagamandalam "The Queen of Hill Stations", the name itself brings in you the cool breeze of the Nilgris.. Britishers popular summer and weekend getaway. Altitude of 2,240 mts above sea level.

The Train journey through the mountain on a ratchet and pinion track ==> from Kallar [Mettupalayam], the track passes through accute curves and tunnels, deep ravines and tea estates... is worth experiencing....

Some of the snaps through my lense are here..... i had nastalgia of my primary school days.







Toy Train Arriving at Ooty Railway Station





Alighting Passengers from Toy Train





Roadside Artificial Waterfall... [SBI]






Happy School Children





Furry Tree





Elkhill view from Market Area.





Busy Market





Famous Breeks School






View of Lake from Children's Park






Hill View






Hide n Seek by Sun...





Adams Fountain -- Charringcross





Snap from the moving bus






View of a Hill from my friend's balcony....




View of a hill from lake



cheenu@coimbatore


7 comments:

valadymadhu said...

Kindles my ooty visit of Nov 2005. Photographs are picturous indeed swaminathan

R.S.MANI said...

THIS PHOTO-ARTICLE IS EXCELLENT. IT BRINGS HAPPY MEMORIES OF ONE'S VISIT TO OOTY.

ceegeeess said...

The photo album on ooty is superb and it brought the pleasure of a visit to ooty live!Thanks for sharing.

Devarajan V said...

Photos are nice. This is one of my favorite holiday destination. I make it a point to visit atleast once in three years. My last visit was for new year on 01.01.2007. At that time the roads were very bad and I am having a second thought whether I should visit the place again.

Unknown said...

Sir
It was excellant to see the snaps of
OOTY and relive my childhood for I
lived at Aruvankadu between OOTY andCOONOOR from 1942to1955.Keep it up.
Appaswamy(ex Syndicate Bank)

vyasamoorthy said...

Photo of Charring Cross Fountain re-kindled my memories of staying just there for a few weeks in 1966, when I was employed in Hindusthan Photo Films Limited. Thanks for sharing. Vyasamoorthy

Unknown said...

Ooty is always enchanting and alluring. It is really nice and awelcome break to be in Ooty from this mad polluted cities and refreshen and recharge yourself.